A new model for learning requires a new model for space.
Research shows that a student’s level of engagement and learning can be positively or negatively impacted by his or her environment.
Our staff, students, and parents are ready to move into their permanent home -- a place that will be fresh, bright and inviting, and that will reflect the pride they have for their school and themselves.
The school will be a state-of-the-art facility incorporating a 21st century approach to both classroom design and student learning. The new space must be flexible to encourage collaboration while also allowing for independent work. It must stimulate learning and foster the free flow of ideas.
UPrep’s new home will:
- Provide the infrastructure to support a unique curriculum and innovative approach to education
- Accommodate multiple purposes to create flexible learning environments that foster independent and group work
- Ensure that every seat is the best seat in the room in order to encourage engaged participation and learning
- Be infused with natural light
- Meet Energy Star building specification, which cost less to operate and improve the quality of our environment
53,260 Square feet
7 Grades (6th - 12th)
28 Teachers (4 teachers per grade)
504 Students (at capacity)
Article on MLive on Groundbreaking - June 2012
Video of Groundbreaking Ceremony-June 13, 2012